Two pupils who were caught on video assaulting a fellow pupil
at Cengelo School have been expelled.
In a statement issued late on Monday, school management said
the two pupils have been expelled permanently from the school.
The statement said the School Board’s Disciplinary
Sub-Committee met on Monday and resolved to permanently exclude
the two students responsible for the physical assault.
“Investigations and interviews regarding all students involved
will be ongoing during the course of this week and we are
working with and supporting the active police enquiry,” it
“We would like to state again that Chengelo School does not
tolerate bullying in any form and we continue to review and
strengthen our policies and student support mechanisms to
ensure the safeguarding of our students.”
“As stated previously, we will be holding an open meeting for
parents at the school when term resumes on Sunday 15th October
at 13.00hrs to communicate in person.”
It added, “Counseling services will be made available to
students and we will be holding specific sessions with all
classes to discuss and review the incident itself and the
broader issues involved.”